Blogging has been at the top of my list of things to get reacquainted with. I have been writing, but I have not been posting. I couldn’t decide how I would jump back into this rhythm and I became stuck in decision hell–much like I do in the cheese section of Trader Joe’s–trying to decide what to write about. Then my dear friend Leanna, writer of For the Birds, contacted me to ask if I wanted to be a part of a Seven Gratitudes link up each Friday. Gratitude seemed like the best way to jump back in, so here is my “Seven Gratitudes” for this week:
This week I am grateful:
- For tree glitter!!!
2. For my health.
I am healthy. I have health insurance. Before the ACA, I could not get health insurance due to my pre-existing condition, sarcoidosis. I am beyond grateful that the small precancerous mass that was found in my breast last year was caught early. I am terrified that things will change too quickly and that the ACA will be repealed without being replaced, thus leaving me and millions of other Americans without healthcare. I am terrified, angry, and exhausted from trying to assure that access to healthcare is a human right. But, today, I am living into the gratitude for my health. I have to take time to breathe and to be thankful, because there is so much work to do on this front.
3. For my Dad’s sense of humor.
4. For the beginning of a new school term. I’m so excited about this new trimester of seminary, and my excitement is not just about the purchase of new school supplies. I love my cohort, they all bring such wonderful gifts and thoughts to the table. I love that I have this opportunity. And I love being surrounded by schoolbooks again!
5. For a Mama who will march with me. I’m marching in the March for Social Justice and Women on Atlanta on the day after the inauguration. And my Mama, The First Lady, is coming with me.
6. For a blog that’s still here. I’ve put this blog at the bottom of my list for so many reasons lately. I’ve thought about just letting it die. and yet, each time I sign in, I feel a gentle invitation to jump back in. So it’s still here, and for that I am grateful.
7. For new friends. I am so glad that Leanna thought to include me in this weekly practice and that in doing so she introduced me to new writer friends.
What are you grateful for this week?